Friday, June 28, 2013

Creating Videos

Videos in the classroom can be a powerful tool for engaging learners of all ages.  Not only can its use increase student motivation, but it can also aid in the development of 21st century skills.

Being an English teacher, I view my role differently than some.  I see myself as a teacher of literacy, and being a literate individual today means being able to produce and interpret more than written text.  A literate individual in the 21st century needs to be able to read media and interpret its message.  Using video in my classroom provides me with an opportunity to teach these skills.

Though there are a plethora of websites with videos cached for any concept one can imagine, sometimes it's nice to have your own stuff, in your own words, with your own voice.  And if you're thinking that, you need to make your own video!

Yes, there are some online tools that are more user-friendly, knowing the basics of your computer's movie editor is a must!  Below, you will find two extremely helpful tutorials on getting started with Windows Movie Maker and iMovie!



Tutorial for iMovie

Tutorial for Windows Live Movie Maker





No comments:

Post a Comment